|Artist||The Dresden Dolls|
|Written by||Amanda Palmer|
Dear Jenny is a song by The Dresden Dolls.
- Boys wear overcoats in heat like this to keep themselves from showing
- girls fill out prescriptions for the tricks that keep their hearts from growing
- specialists review the year in tears and call for drastic measures
- send them to resorts for boys and girls to get their wits together
- sad but true the facts of life are bound to get you down
- so what's the use dear jenny anyway the world is pretty...
- ashley talks to astronauts back home by means of fax transmission
- andy gets a new tattoo each time he gets back bathroom privledge
- weary o so drearily we wave our flags into the camera
- amber goes berserk completely she's been here since last december
- sad but true the truth can turn your smile to a frown
- so whats the use dear jenny anyway the world is pretty
- the rates are better in the summer
- looks like dear jenny's doing better...
- back at home the broadcast warning bounces off of an empty table
- jenny asks the astronauts to sleep with her behind the stable
- christmas hasn't been the same since dad put in the central heating
- checks you before bedtime with a battery to keep your new heart beating
- and the world might turn a million times around before
- they tell you jenny anyway the world is pretty world is pretty happy world is pretty happy
- sometimes they let strangers in and other times they check their records
- when they check out in the morning dad puts out the lie detectors
- jenny prays to gods she've never heard of for a special warning
- all the walls stay dead as jennys heart is
- but shes still observing
- sad but true the highgloss gloss paint wont tell you what to do
- so whats the use dear jenny anyway
- the world is happy
- world is happy
- world is happy without you...
- the rates are better in the summer....
- looks like old jennys doing better...
- No, Virginia... - 2008